March 6 - First Biopsy
March 12th - Diagnosis and Meet Dr. E (Surgeon)
March 14th - MRI, PET, and CT scan
March 20, Meet Dr. B (Radiation Oncology) and
March 24 - Clean teeth :) A must have for Radiation
March 25 - Dr. S. (Medical Oncology).
March 26 - Hearing Test :) A must have for chemotherapy.
April 1st Day of Radiation and First Day of Chemo
These were just appointments needed to get started with treatment.
My treatment lasted from April 1st to May 19th - and I can tell you I only left the couch to bathe or go to the doctor. Hindsight is a gift folks. If someone asks me today,"How was Radiation/Chemo?" my response would be - Awe, it wasn't that bad. I can say that now because I made it through it and feel good again. Now, had you asked me during Radiation/Chemotherapy - I probably couldn't have answered you - I would have been asleep, throwing up, or just to weak to respond. So in hindsight, Chemo wasn't so bad but right in the middle of it, it is pure hell.

No comments:
Post a Comment